I know they say "the grass is always greener on the other side", but for the first time ever, I feel like I'm on the greenest patch of grass ever to exist on earth. I've been on both sides of the fence before... single and dying to be in love, and in love and dying to be single. In fact, I can hardly remember a time when I was fully happy in either situation. Actually, I wonder if I ever was or if you really ever can be? But this time, I am completely satisfied just being here, happy and free! Sometimes all you need is a little independence, a lot of fun, and significant time spent with your best friends to remember how great life can be when tackled alone.
Now now, I know you're supposed to avoid making lists like these as reminders of what you're really looking for, as they potentially close you off from good men who don't fit into your crazy ideallic mold of a person. BUT, if that person doesn't possess the majority of qualities you consider necessary for your life partner, wouldn't that be considered settling? And didn't we all agree that this girl doesn't like to settle? So bare with me, and keep in mind that I'm not really as shallow as I'm portraying myself, but is it asking too much to have someone fix things for me from time to time?!
- Fixes things: cars, broken bones, electronics... anything. help a girl out!
- Doesn't snore (this one's a deal breaker)
- Sarcastic, witty and undoubtedly charming
- Able to keep up with me
- Creatively romantic (no, valentine's day flowers will NOT win me over)
- A little rough around the edges
- Sees and values helping others
- Shares my personal and political beliefs (as far as personal liberties are concerned anyway)
- Passionate in love and life
- Football lover
- Beer drinker
- Wing eater
- Musically talented (big hope here)
- Tall, dark and handsome (blondes have forever failed me.. buhbye!)...
- ... with an accent or sexy voice that makes me swoon
- Someone who changes my mind in believing that love at first sight is a bunch of crap
Until that happens, I'll be busy making way on my extensive bucket list. And it appears that I still have A LOT of work to do. I won't die happy until I accomplish every single one. So here's to happy bucketing!
Dream Life :
Travel through Europe
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- See all 50 states
Go ziplining Go whitewater rafting Have another broken heart
- Get a meaningful tattoo
Get my picture on chive
- Win BIG at a casino
Visit the Great Barrier Reef/Rainforest
- Visit Auschwitz
- Watch the ball drop in New York on my birthday
Skinny dip in the ocean
- Go to the Ellen Degeneres show
Work and live abroad
- Volunteer abroad
- Go on an African safari
- Ride on an elephant
- Be a foster parent
- Adopt a child internationally
- Have my own children
- Buy a house
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Travel somewhere new every single year
- Swim with dolphins in the wild
- Try surfing
- Wake up thankful every single day
3 weeks to go until my crazy new life begins. Cheers!!